1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CPR class

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

My gym is offering a CPR class in a few weeks. It costs $40. I've never learned it.
    Since my mom had a heart attack a few years ago and my dad has had a stroke, I was thinking it might be a good thing to know.
    How hard is it to learn?

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

I can't imagine it's too technical if it's just the one class.

3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

It's very easy to learn.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Extremely easy, and definitely a good idea. Good thought by you.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/72890/ [/crossthread]

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Went through a CPR class with the youth group at my church in late 2007. It was a five- to six-hour course, but it was well worth it.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

CPR is a great thing to know. I have CPR/AED certification and have had to use it also.

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I have to take CPR every year for my coaching certification. Only $15. CPR cards are good for two years, First Aid every three.

9. KG

KG Active Member

I keep up with my CPR/First Aid, because I've had to use it. Still, the worst feeling I've ever had was when a little boy was choking. For a millisecond I felt panicked, but then the training took over and I knew what to do. Of course after he was okay again, the shakes set in and I had way too much adrenaline pumping through my veins.

Draft saved Draft deleted