1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowturd does it again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Apr 9, 2007.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Spy Magazine used to call that mutual-cocksucking, "Log Rolling In Our Time".

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Cowherd is a MOTHER FUCKING MORON, and so are his listeners -- the personfiication of mouthbreathing fratboy fuck-sticks -- everything wrong with sports talk radio, and a great argument for preemptive euthansia.

I know this is just rehashing the posts from earlier in the thread, but it was true then and it's true now.

Die, dipshit.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

One of the great print turns of phrase of the last half of the twentieth century . . .

God, I loved that book . . . especially the first few years . . .

4. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

"Worst radio host going - perhaps ever"...???

You are VERY fortunate never to have heard worse than Colin Cowherd.

I listen to him once in a while and do not think that he is "great" by any means, but to say he might the the worst sports radio host ever is so far off base that it needs to be called out.

Just here in the Washington DC area, there are a handful of sports radio hosts who are FAR worse than Colin Cowherd is on Cowherd's worst days.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There are many who are worse, but none who are MUCH worse.

And most of them are trying to be like him.

6. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

John Thompson is worse than Colin Cowherd - - a lot worse.

Rick "Doc" Walker is worse than Colin Cowherd - - a lot worse.

Mike Wise is worse than Colin Cowhered - - a lot worse.

Those are just 3 examples in the Washington DC area who are a lot worse.

Go to the Philly market or the NYC market and you will find a few others.

And whatever you do, please to not ever tune into WNST in Baltimore if you think Colin Cowherd is the worst sports host on radio because you will be shocked - - SHOCKED, I say - - to hear most of the folks on the microphones there...

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I was blown away that Thompson had a radio show the first time I heard it. The man can barely form sentences for Crissakes.

8. Dignan

Dignan Guest

So, you're saying we would be shocked. Just clarifying.

9. beanpole

beanpole Member

I moved to DC a month ago and was appalled by the crap on the radio. Other than Tony Kornheiser, I've not found anything that I'd want to hear again. And yeah, Thompson is awful.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know what's really depressing? Trying to find a decent talk show on the Internet and realizing almost every station is airing the same nationally syndicated stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted