1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowturd does it again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Good for her.

I admit I actually enjoy listening to Cowherd -- as opposed to my other options -- most of the time. This was way beyond acceptable behavior. It smacked of being a childish bully with a big head and overinflated sense of importance.

I'm less inclined to listen to him now.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As opposed to his childish bullying of the U-M fan site...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

that, too. Though I think it was more a case of him being a childish idea thief -- pretty much like every radio talker

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That was Schreiber's second piece, after her introductory one. Great start.

6. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

King Kaufman over at Salon.com, who does a good job, slaps Cowherd down.
    http://www.salon.com/sports/col/kaufman/2007/04/09/monday/

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Dear God. That self-aggrandizing, hubris-fueled Salon piece was almost as annoying as Cowherd himself.

8. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

I used to listen to Colin, but it sure seems like his growing head and ego has just about made the atomic bomb look like a little fart.

In fact, had him on this morning and he was going on and on about how Easter no longer revolves around its religious beginnings. Thanks dumba$$ for sharing your opinion, but if I wanted to hear about Easter and religion, I'd see my preacher! ... Stick to sports, man.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If this drives more traffic to The Big Lead, then I'm thrilled... It's a damn good site...

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

F*ck Cowherd. He is a jerk. He is an incredibly pretentious blowhard (something I'm not unfamiliar with :)). He sucks. I liked him initially, but he is just a buzzword-throwing, wannabe-corporate-schmoozing joke. Go back to Washington or wherever.

I hated Kornheiser' show at the end, all the "Old Guy Radio" crap, but damn I wish he were back now. Cowherd is a waste of airwaves.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Honestly. I had never heard of Colin Cowherd until this thread.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/wtwpradio/index.html">
    He is, but not on ESPN Radio. Follow this link and you can listen to him live from 8:30-10:30 ET each morning, then they replay it from 10:30-12:30 and it's also available on demand.</a>

Draft saved Draft deleted