1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowlishaw's split deal?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SockPuppet, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Kable

Kable Member

Hey man, just keep doing you. That's all.

2. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Tim, I just want to say, I love your work. The reason I criticized you above is because if anything, you're too nice of a guy, at least from where I'm sitting. That's a ridiculous 'criticism,' I know, but that's what my angle was above. You're one of the better guys I've come across in the biz, and I guess the 'bottom line' part of me still subscribes to that jaded, tired 'nice guys finish last' thing. My flaw.

And believe me, I'm not here to kiss yours or anyone else's ass; that's genuinely what I think. You're a class guy, and I hope you get whatever you can get. Good luck.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Fucking grow a set of stones.

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Dude, you know me better than that! :)

I like Cowlishaw, I really do, or I wouldnt've have wrote this, trust me. You know I'm the last person to kiss ass. But I respect what you're saying.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Tim, thanks for stopping by.
    Hey, SOMEONE had to say it.

6. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Agreed. I saw his name as a user and was like "He's a member?" SJ flexes it's muscle once again.

7. Editude

Editude Active Member

His writing doesn't inspire, and his company certainly doesn't, but I respect that he explained a few points. It's quite an unfortunate rags-to-riches-to-its-current-state arc that the DMN has taken in the past 25 years.

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Absolutely.

9. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

So, Tim, since you've broken the seal ...
    Is it true or not that you were upset that you weren't offered the buyout (one of just a handful in sports that were)?
    Is it true or not that to keep you from bolting to ESPN that the DMN doubled your salary (to whatever figure it is that will remain secret)?

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Seriously, Rok, your post has fanboy written all over it.
    I've been e-mailed by some folks on here, prominent folks, who took objection to an opinion or a fact that I screwed up. I didn't give them an e-mailed BJ.

11. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Fair take. I appreciate your opinions, Wicked, seriously.

I never emailed anyone a BJ, though. Just his overall 'good-guyedness' struck me in the past. We all know how many genuine assholes reside in this business, and Tim struck me as different. That earns a pass in my book. Not an indefinite pass, but a pass nonetheless. That's my angle here.

I'm not a huge fan of his work. Like I said, it's TOO 'nicey-nice' for me, personally. I think you can tell from my style on SJ that nicey-nice isn't my style. But the interactions I've had with him, however limited, made me think he was a good human being. I'm giving him a break based on that. No giving of BJ's from this corner though. Hell, I love Whitlock and I've ripped him on here plenty, nearly as much as I've praised him.

I've just never talked here about TC before, and the first thing I said about him was to agree with Colombo that his work isn't my favorite.

12. brettwatson

brettwatson Active Member

Tim used to know the lyrics to everyone of the Boss' songs...at least back in the day. (If Tim returns to this site)...Is that still true?
    And what did you think of his Seeger Sessions work?

Draft saved Draft deleted