1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowherd vs. SJ.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 10, 2008.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Pain thinner?

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Do it.

And let the English see you do it.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and i used to defend the douche at times.

go to hell cowherd.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

If you come with me you get to kill radio people.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

[​IMG]

Fenian Bastard! It can't be! Fenian Bastard is eight foot tall, and kills radio hosts by the thousands!

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Don't mean to sound naive, but who is "Cowherd" and what market is his radio show broadcast?

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm in.

8. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Of all the pokes at him on this thread, if Cowherd is reading, this is the one that will hurt.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Here you are Cran... because Wikipedia is never wrong...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Cowherd

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I know the identities of all but one of those 18,000+ posters. I'd gladly hire ANY of them. Talented folks.

11. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"If it bleeds, we can kill it."

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cowherd has been criticized in articles by ESPN's ombudsman three times for his activities on the show. The first was for using unattributed material from "M Zone,"[3] a University of Michigan fan blog. The second occurred in 2007 after he told listeners to "blow up" the servers of sports blog "The Big Lead," causing a massive influx of visitors to the site.[4] The blog site's servers were not capable of handling so many users at one time so the site was knocked offline until the site moved to a new host that could handle a larger volume of users.

The third instance was related to his comments in late 2007 relating to the death of football player Sean Taylor. Cowherd angered many when he stated that Taylor's death was his gang-related past catching up with him. Taylor's death was later found to have been the result of a botched robbery, and the robbers reportedly did not know that Taylor was home at the time. ESPN's Ombudsman, Le Anne Schreiber said she had received emails saying that Cowherd spoke in a "gloating, know-it-all voice," and that emailers found his statements "appalling" and "indecent."[5]

Draft saved Draft deleted