1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowherd vs. SJ.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 10, 2008.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/members/

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Nice job referencing one of my all-time favorite movies.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Clearly, he doesn't mean me.

I've got way more than 18,000 posts.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) -- Members of the on-line community sportsjournalists.com rally just prior to storming ESPN headquarters demanding the head of radio personality Colin Cowherd on a platter.

"We're a small but dedicated fringe group that can't be counted on to do the sensible thing," said an SportsJournalists.com spokesman who gave his name as "Bubbler."

Mr. Bubbler, who arrived at the rally clad in a full replica Milwaukee Brewers uniform with "Sabathia" stitched across the back of the jersey, insisted that the group would not stop until Cowherd was either "driven off the air or forced to go to work for Sam Zell."

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Holy shit, BYH has 35,000 - even with his mental health breaks?

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Cowherd always reminds me, visually, of Gob from Arrested Development. But like the character, he's just a complete clownshoe.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So 11 of us need lives with a 12th close by but in greater need of a life than the other 11 combined...
    Man, spnited's gonna be pissed when he finds out he needs a life...

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Damn, I'm about to get passed by girl. And a Canadian girl at that. I need to get busy. ;D

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Would you say that to a guy in a $5,000 suit? Come on!!!

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I've already downed a bunch of paint thinner today, I just might do it.

12. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

The guy's a mystery to me. I mean, I can see why some of the radio guys draw interest, but Cowherd ... I just don't get. Why does he get as much attention as he does? His takes are not that interesting or novel, he brings no perspective that I can note and the times I have listened to him he's just ... kind ... of ... there. He's not bad and he's not good. I have honestly wondered aloud why ESPN markets him the way they do. Meh. To me, he's a not-at-all-funny Bill Simmons on the radio. I bet the frat boys like him. That's all I got.

Draft saved Draft deleted