1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowherd vs. SJ.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 10, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I listened to Jim Rome for a time back in the mid-90s when there was the novelty factor. It was entertaining for a bit, but after a while I figured out that the format catered to and encouraged the stupidest fans. When it comes to sports on radio, I'll take game broadcasts. Talk shows suck. I'm a huge Randy Galloway fan when he's writing, but when I was back in Fort Worth and heard his radio show, I found it to be just as strident and uninformative as Rome or whoever. Plenty of opinions, not much information. Feh.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Detroit Free Press
    600 W. Fort
    Detroit, MI 48226

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I wonder if Colon realizes how many radio and TV people are here, too.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No way. Radio people don't have agendas, only print reporters [/colon cowturd]

5. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

He just keeps getting creepier and creepier...

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Cowherd vs. SJ? I'm ready to enlist.

Then again, that's probably not necessary considering much of his audience laughs at him not with him.

A total clown whose opinions are no doubt manufactured for 'tude and who treats his listeners, especially those who disagree with his idiotic bluster, with utter contempt. What's not to like?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

AQB's right. Psychotic, but absolutely right. We gotta take these bastards. Now we could do it with conventional weapons that could take years and cost millions of lives. No, I think we have to go all out. I think that this situation absolutely requires a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

We're just the guys to do it.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He sends one of yours to the hospital?

You send two of his to the morgue.

THAT's the SportsJournalists.com way!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I'm certain Cowturd is reading this thread.

So I'd like to give him a nice, warm, heaping glass of "fukk you," hoping it quenches his thirst.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't Lisa Simpson destroy the oversized advertisements (with the help of Paul Anka, I think) by not paying attention to them?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I heard the piece this morning and he kept mentioning 18,000 posts. I could only think of Dooley Womack.

Draft saved Draft deleted