1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowherd leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 16, 2015.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Perfect timing!

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This.

3. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

Maybe a non-sequitor but what all national sports radio is still around? Or what have I not heard of?

There's obviously ESPN and the bigger markets have their own 24-hour stations with local folks (I drove through Atlanta a few months ago at about 1 a.m. and there was a local show).

There's CBS Sports Radio that I can't get unless I drive about 20 miles west.

At one time there was Sporting News radio but didn't they get bought out by Yahoo! Sports Radio? Are they still around?

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Don't forget Fox, which is actually Premier using the Fox name.

And there's NBC Sports radio, nbcsportsradio.com with Eric Kuselias and Jon Stashower among its hosts, and a show hosted by Donovan McNabb and Mark Malone. Chico and Palm Springs are it's only California affiliates, FWIW

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Erik Kuselias. A name I haven't heard forever. Always enjoyed his work in Bristol but never followed him after.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I get ESPN, CBS and Yahoo national networks overnight locally. I know there are also FOX and NBC. Those are the only national sports radio networks I know of.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Much to my surprise, Sports Byline USA is still in business.

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

By the miracle of iPhone, I listen to TalkSport out of the U.K. That is also on U.S. satellite radio, I believe.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

TalkSport makes U.S. sports radio sound like NPR.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Is Dino something or other still around? I used to listen to his SiriusXM shows at night for gambling talk. I think Grantland had a story on him recently. Not sure if he's still with Sirius or not.

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Does Sporting News still have a national network, or was it swallowed up by one of the others?

Speaking of which, RIP 1-on-1 Sports Radio Network. Way back in the late '90s when I was a desker, I loved to listen to overnight guy Bob Kemp berate ill-informed callers, hang up on people and generally be a belligerent SOB on my way home from work.

12. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I was just about to post this. Used to work overnights and our local station would pick him up, enjoyed the lack of bombast and curmudgeon demeanor.

Draft saved Draft deleted