1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowherd leaving ESPN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Jul 16, 2015.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Never materialized? Tell that to the many fans of the late, great Tony Bruno Show, with Andrew Siciliano as his sidekick (and yours truly a regular guest, so, maybe I'm biased...)

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

* milquetoast (sorry, just love that word)

And this does surprise me. I wasn't aware of the connection at Fox Sports, but this would seem to me to be a big misstep. Sure, he'll keep getting work, but he won't get the push or have the profile has at the WWL.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Kudos, BDC99. Not many remember Mr. Milquetoast.

BDC99 likes this.
  4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Don't forget Steve Czaban (now of Yahoo! Sports Radio) on the early morning show for about seven years. Until they dumped him to hire Stephen A. Smith.
    It's still funny to hear the glee in Czabe's voice whenever Stephen A. is mentioned in a news story for having done something stupid.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I didn't even know there was a Fox Sports Radio.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I know I may be the only one on the board, but I like John Feinstein as a columnist and commentator. I tried to listen to his radio show and on CBS Radio it was hard to find. And then he was fired. Does he have a regular show somewhere?

He's not Kornheiser, but Junior is knowledgable about a lot, just ask him. And he's honest with no corp agenda

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Cowherd's a third starter, an innings eater type of host.

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

UGH! From the TBL story:

Perhaps Fox has a multi-faceted plan that may include a Cowherd-driven Sunday morning football pregame show on Fox that airs before the Sunday NFL pregame show?

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The ESPN purge continues. Cowherd won't be the last.

10. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Well, he knows football better than any of the other sports.

11. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

WHO'S NEXT?!

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Please Jesus. Herm Edwards

Draft saved Draft deleted