1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowher quitting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jan 4, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Hunch: Dolphins turn control to Capers, he goes 7-9, hello Cowher in 2008.

2. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Cowher to Carolina makes much more sense than Miami, no matter when it would happen.

3. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I'll say this for Capers: He can make you want to run through a wall for him.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Word is Grimm didn't interview very well for jobs in other places. But, if he's their man . . .

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I heard that, too, which bothers me a bit. I'm not sold at all on Grimm as a good choice. I just know enough about the Pittsburgh media to know that Bouchette usually knows what he's talking about.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Well, it adds up. "Pittsburgh Guy" => Proven assistant => Assistant head coach.

If the Bears thought anything of him, Lovie Smith would be somewhere else.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Interesting way to put it. See: Belichick, Bill. And why get divorced now after 20-something years of marriage?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Rumor: The Steelers allegedly offered $6M per season, which Cowher turned down.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Not with Wlat?

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Panthers would have to have a complete meltdown in 2007 - yes, even worse than the Debacle of 2006 - for Marty Hurney and Jerry Richardson to even think about replacing John Fox. He bought himself a lot of passes when Carolina went to the Super Bowl three years ago, and his guiding the Panthers to a 7-9 record with a roster that could barely compete with USC - 14 guys ended the season on IR - was probably even more impressive.

I'm not saying I wouldn't like the scenario. But the Panthers aren't changing simply because Bill Cowher is probably out and about unofficially in about 24 hours and contract-free in another year.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wlat doesnt need Kordell. He has a bitch farm.

12. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Paging Mr. Savage... paging Mr. Phil Savage...

;)

Draft saved Draft deleted