1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowher quitting

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Jan 4, 2007.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

If Cowher goes to the Dolphins/anywhere else next season, the Dolphins/anyone else would have to fork over some compensation because Cowher is under contract for next season.

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

parcells, like cowher, did the divorce-settlement dance a few years back. did the jig with the bucs, realized his ex-wife could shake him for a big chunk of the deal, so he backed out at the last minute. he had mike tannenbaum lined up to be his gm and everything.

so i believe the cowher cooling off for a year until the divorce is final spec.

3. Bill Cowher's next job will be as the Carolina Panthers Head Coach for the 2008 season. John Fox's tenure in Carolina is on life support with the team failing to do anything the last two seasons and Cowher looking over in the backyard.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

These dudes don't have any time for family but find time for bone dancing with non-spouses? Interesting.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really do hope Cowher coaches in 2007, just because that means the Steelers would get something for him.

And if Bouchette says Grimm is going to get the job, my money's on Grimm.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Pittsburgh would get at least a high draft pick out of the deal.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

You made my point.

It's called coaching.

Kordell Stewart... Neil O'Donnell.... Tommy Maddox... Ben Roethlisberger

for fuck's sake.

8. outofplace

They should hold out for at least a No. 1. I know he's leaving no matter what, but this is a guy with a good shot at the Hall of Fame even if he retired tomorrow. Coaches like that don't become available that often.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Good shot? I have to think he's a lock for the HOF. I hate the Steelers pretty good, but even I respect the job he did. I can't imagine him not going to Canton.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Put the crack pipe down and push yourself away from the stash.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Before his 50th birthday, no less.

And if Cowher takes over the Panthers, it wouldn't be because Fox was fired. It would be because Fox -- with his strong ties to the Giants -- left for New York.

12. outofplace

I think he should be a lock, but I was allowing room for my fanboyishness.

Draft saved Draft deleted