1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys staff exodus begins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mike Zimmer ends 13-year run as Dallas assistant (seven as DC), rejoins old bud Bobby Petrino at Atlanta:

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/16421009.htm

Getting out while the getting is good. Zim was never a 3-4 guy anyway and he was going to be made the fall guy for the Cowboys' collapse.

2. Chef

Chef Active Member

Uh.........the defense was never the problem with the Falcons.

Either Petrino calls the plays himself, or he brings a BIG name in with him.....Knapp should have been fired a long time ago.

3. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Biggest thing I take from this news?

Parcells is coming back. That's what this tells me. I could be wrong, but that's what this tells me.

4. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

why?

zimmer never would have gotten that gig.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good point. I was thinking on a different line. Zimmer is a very, very good DC, but he can't run a 3-4. If Parcells is coming back, he's running a 3-4.

Now, it can be said that the next coach could also run a 3-4, so he's leaving b/c of that. Valid point, IMO.

It also can be said that Zimmer thinks BP is coming back, which doesn't mean he's coming back.

I was just thinking that BP loves the 3-4, and MZ can't run it well, as the collapse of the Cowboys D down the stretch showed.

Just my take, my initial thought. :)

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Ayeet.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

;)

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

As I was saying.

Draft saved Draft deleted