1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys Stadium ain't in Dallas ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by doctorquant, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

This thread has now jumped the shark.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd like to point out that the Green Bay Packers play in an area that doesn't have a bay with a green color

3. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Lambeau Field is in Green Bay by the tiniest of margins. Much of the parking lot, and all of the houses on the south side of the stadium and the businesses on the east side of the stadium are in Ashwaubenon. Perhaps the stuff on the west side of the stadium is too.

Green Bay annexed the plot of land that Lambeau is on. Since Lambeau has expanded over the years, I wonder if a part of it is over the Ashwaubenon line?

Who knows? And really ... who cares?

4. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

That's a good one. Another?
    Showing the Ferris wheel at the Santa Monica Pier when opening NBA telecasts. There are days it would take you three hours to get from Santa Monica to DTLA.

5. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

College Division: Wabash College, in Crawfordsville, Ind., is located 100 miles from Wabash, Ind.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At least it is in Talladega County, plus I'm not sure if Lincoln was incorporated in the late 60s.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Just a clarification on the geography -- Arlington's eastern city limit is only about a mile from the Dallas County line, which is just east of 360 in Grand Prairie. Cowboys Stadium is in east Arlington, at Collins and Randol Mill, and is at most four miles from Dallas County, probably even less (I'll check it on my odometer sometime).

8. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Here's the worst offender (IMHO):
    How come the DIA ain't anywhere near Denver?
    And if one flake of snow hits that interstate, you're hosed. HOSED.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oops, I stand corrected. Meant to write city ... my bad.

10. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Roanoke College is located in Salem, Virginia, not next door in, well, Roanoke.

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And Wake Forest isn't in Wake Forest, but it used to be.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I never flew in/out of Stapleton, but I understand that was very close to downtown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.