1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys reporter out here spiking footballs of her own.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BitterYoungMatador2, Sep 13, 2022.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

TBH ... it's better than "some fucker"

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm going to steal that in ball season.

maumann likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of my favorite SI articles was a deep dive they did on a single day on the Transactions agate. (When did SI put the Archive behind a paywall?)

TRANSACTIONS

clintrichardson and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

This reminds me so much of a retired SE who was working part-time for me. Dude had a volcanic temper.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'm amazed SI used to give away the Vault for free.

exmediahack, wicked, Fdufta and 2 others like this.
  6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

And you get more and more people landing prime gigs as their first gigs and not handling themselves in a traditional way. I've seen some shit while covering MLB this season that makes me cringe. Of course, I also understand it's a far different world than 25 years ago, and that 20-somethings shouldn't treat anything in this business with reverence, and that you only get one chance to operate unencumbered by what you're not supposed to know. But I did like it when a kid clearly on his first assignment asked where he should sit instead of just plopping himself down on prime real estate in the press box. (And of course, 25 years ago, all that real estate would have been taken long before he got there, so...)

maumann likes this.
  7. Fdufta

Fdufta Member

I’m curious BYH, what are those things you’ve seen this season

8. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

I don't know if that's original with you, but that's an absolutely brilliant observation. I hope to memorize it and pull it out when appropriate.

But should it be "not supposed to know" or "SUPPOSED to know"?

9. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Had never seen that one before, it's great, thanks for posting. And I love that one of the "transactions" they went deep on was Temple firing Bruce Arians.

10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@Scout, what they do borders on employing the Lolli aesthetic. The Bad Little Girl tip annoyed most if not all of my female cohort a decade ago. Those who worked at the same shop saw our pictures (and my cartoon rendering of me) sharing space with women posing in nothing but hockey sweaters while they straddled Warrior sticks, head shots of our colleagues fondling skates or shoulder pads and one little miss whose picture consisted of her seated at a table with Timbits and poutine while she bit into a puck. (Okay the last one was funny. If only that sensibility came out in her writing.)

We tried to move around the BrittBrats of the shop without disturbing them or the editors who felt we couldn't function without them.

XOXO
    Oscar "There's no such word as 'intrickle,' you dangerously overbred puckbunny!" Madison

Last edited: Sep 27, 2022
    maumann, SFIND and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Riiiiiight.......

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Says the woman responding at 2:13 a.m. on a Tuesday morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted