1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys release Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 5, 2009.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Fourth graf of the hasty ESPN rewrite:

There has been talk since the end of the Cowboys' 9-7 season that they would consider cutting Owens to improve moral in the locker room.

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

See I don't know about that. I still think this guy is one of the top 3 receivers in the game. I think it had more to do with paying him 27 mill at the age of 35.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Exactly right. Don't forget that Breaston went over 1,000 yards last season and played well when Boldin was out. He's a solid No. 3, and probably wouldn't be a bad No. 2 on a full-time basis. And when Boldin has his annual vacation from weeks 5 through 9 next season, we'll get to see Breaston shine again.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'm kinda ticked now that they didn't do this earlier because they could've at least made a play for TJ, who grew up a Cowboys fan and is someone I would've loved to have on this squad.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I thought they improved that when they cut Pac-Man.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

In case anyone wondered, I was joking about TO joining the Cardinals. They are already set at WR for a while. Talk is the Raiders might look into him. Oh boy.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Al Davis has no idea what that thing is protuding from just below his waist.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

If you had watched him play every week last year, like I did, he didn't earn his 27 mil. He's 35. No way is he one of the top 3 receivers in the league.

9. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Well, there goes any shot of watching college basketball highlights this week.

10. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

I don't know - a $9 million cap hit is a pretty big number to have to swallow, especially when they want to give Demarcus Ware big bucks.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/51/158449080_da0f7d9544.jpg?v=0

12. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Matt Millen just had a wet dream and doesn't know why.

Draft saved Draft deleted