1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys release Terrell Owens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chuck~Taylor, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

No need to kick a guy when he's down(and I'm talking about us Lions fans) :D

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never understood the need to defend a guy just because he is on your team. Just enjoy what he does on the field and agree that he is a jackass.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

They'll need to upgrade the position. Maybe grab somebody in the draft. I think you have to hope Roy Williams steps up in a big way, especially for what they gave up.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One thing the Cardinals don't need is another receiver, unless of course they let Boldin force them into a trade. Even then, they have options.

5. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Every time he'd drop back to scan the field, he would have a mess in his pants.

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Unfortunately, Jesus' popcorn maker stopped working.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Kind of like how you guys feel about Big Ben right?

And believe me, I HATED having to even cheer for the guy. HATED IT! Unfortunately, like Deion, you have to support guys on your team who have burned you in the past. It happens.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

The funny part is that Owens has been a locker room cancer for three different teams ... and surely some other team will pick him up thinking he's the answer to their problems.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I'm not.

10. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

The dirty secret about TO is that he is not far from being washed up.

Once people figured out all you had to do was jack him at the line of scrimmage, he hardly accomplished squat last year. Honestly, if the Cowboys thought he could still play, he wouldn't have been released, regardless of his baggage.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

That's pretty damn solid.

12. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

DMN's Calvin Watkins has it now: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/030509dnspotoblog.40e65ca.html

Draft saved Draft deleted