1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys practice field roof collapses

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, May 2, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Yes, it's just fabric but it's supported by aluminum scaffolding, which caused the injuries when it fell.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Aluminum is not designed to bear weight.

I hope those people are OK.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Here's the link to the video on CNN's Web site.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/05/02/cowboys.practice.field.collapse/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That was nuts. I thought it was interesting that the guy with the camera, whose video you're watching, doesn't try to get under the staircase, but is just running under the roof.

Very strange.

I liked the one rookie who was clinging to the pole, as if he could hold on during a tornado.

5. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Apparently 12 injured, including Dallas Morning News sports writer Todd Archer.

6. 93Devil

I really hope they are OK.

Is Dallas in Tornado Alley? If so, I would really look at the permits on that building and see if they were followed.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I hate the Cowboys more than any franchise besides perhaps the New York Yankees. Check that. I hate the Cowboys more than any franchise in sports.

I wish those who were hurt in this calamity recover, and I'm glad no one was more seriously injured or killed.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Any word on how he's doing?

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

According to the AP story, he got stuck under a big part of the ceiling but a bunch of people picked it up and he slithered out. I don't think he was hurt seriously, as he is quoted in the story.

10. 93Devil

You don't cover us because our practice facility almost crushed you to death.

11. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I admit it: I laughed. Hard.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Bout time you wrote something clever :D

Draft saved Draft deleted