1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones accused of sexual assault in lawsuit

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Hokie_pokie

Hokie_pokie Well-Known Member

As a Cowboys fan, I hope to God that he's guilty and that his piece of crap son Stephen was an accessory after the fact.

The main reason the Yankees won 4 World Series between 1996 and 2000 was because Steinbrenner's suspension by MLB allowed the club's baseball people to rebuild the farm system.

Not to trivialize sexual assault, but I wouldn't be opposed to Jerry and all of his loser progeny going away for, oh, say, forever.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Worst week for the NFL since Trent Dilfer was able to call himself a Super Bowl winning quarterback.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not a bad way to spend eight nights a year.

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Tip your cap and take a long, slow turn around the bases, son. You earned it. :D

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But it's a long drought from mid-December to September.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nine if you count the preseason.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's just worth a lap dance.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Also, the reason the Yankees were a dynasty in the late 70s is because Steinbrenner was suspended for his campaign finance conviction, allowing the baseball people to do their job.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I bet that Jones knew this was coming and signed Michael Sam to build up
    some goodwill.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Why is she an ex-stripper anyway -- by choice or by gravity?

11. I think this gets thrown out PDQ...

12. Morris816

Morris816 Member

Let's see... Ben Roethlisberger was accused of sexual assault, no criminal charges were ever filed against him, but a civil lawsuit was.

Roger Goodell suspended this high-profile quarterback, who was on two Super Bowl winning teams, for six games, later reduced to four.

Now the arguably highest-profile owner in the NFL gets a sexual assault lawsuit filed against him.

I fully expect Roger to make the wrong move when all is said and done. Prove me wrong, Roger.

Draft saved Draft deleted