1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys online beat writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by IBIS, Jun 12, 2007.

1. IBIS

IBIS Guest

E-mail this job to a friend
    Printer-friendly version
    Company: Al Dia
    Position:
    Cowboy's Beat Writer
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Not Specified
    Ad Expires:
    July 17, 2007
    Job ID: 788964

Description:
    The Dallas Morning News’ award-winning SportsDay section is looking for a sports reporter to enhance the online coverage of one of its most important beats, the Dallas Cowboys.
    This position will require a high level of online contribution and collaboration. The applicant must feel comfortable in front of the camera and the microphone and must be quick to convey ideas and concepts for multimedia presentations dealing with the beat. Previous experience in these areas is a plus. Applicant must have experience producing breaking news stories, live game coverage and features for the print publication as well. The ability to develop excellent sources, work well with other beat reporters and hit tight deadlines under competitive conditions is a must. NFL beat coverage is preferred.

The beat will also stress a high level of interaction with readers, including blogging, chats, newsletters and other non-traditional coverage.

Please apply at dmnjobs@dallasnews.com

2. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I'll take the lack of posts on this one to mean y'all are like me ... I have no f'n idea what the hell the Dallas Morning News does or is about these days.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

So which Cowboy would you be covering?

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Since this is Al Dia, I would've guessed Marco Rivera, but he was cut last week.

5. redsox99

redsox99 Member

The ad doesn't say it, but shouldn't this person be fluent in Spanish?

6. mltru2tx

mltru2tx Member

Yeah, that's what I'm confused about too.

7. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

Apparently, this job already has a taker.

Keep trying, boys and girls!

Draft saved Draft deleted