1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys LB Jerry Brown Killed in crash; Teammate charged.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Tommy_Dreamer, Dec 8, 2012.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Are you serious? Really?

Guns exist for only one reason: to kill someone.

Last time I checked, cars were invented to move people around.

2. All the concern-trolls must have flunked logic in college. If your JUCO didn't offer logic, you get a free pass.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This is reminiscent of when Jeff Alm killed his best friend in an drunken auto accident.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Tragic. The level of drunk driving our county seems to find acceptable is disturbing. Drunk driving could be reduced to almost nothing in this country if there was the public will to do so, and bear the cost of it. Specifically, I'm thinking safety features auto manufacturers could put in cars to prevent drunk driving.

It's amazing to think that at one time there was indifference to having seatbelts in cars similar to the indifference we have now about drunk driving.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

See folks.

If we had a law mandating breathalyzers be built into all cars, Jerry Brown might be alive today.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Brent or Jones owned a handgun?

Because, if you think about it, this crash may have saved lives.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

That's undoubtedly true.

But as I readily acknowledged, I do recognize there's not public support for that kind of thing.

9. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

This is not true.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Unless Brown's family raises a stink --- and I doubt they will --- it'll get plead down and he'll do 180 days plus a few years on probation.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Or hockey player Dany Heatley in 2003.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Plus or minus a few percentage points for target shooters, it's a relatively accurate statement when applied to 'handguns.'

Just throwing the word 'guns' around is an inaccurate habit on both sides of the national argument.

Draft saved Draft deleted