1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys fans slugs Skins fans ..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

What if the guy had left the flag alone and keyed the car as he passed by? Would you let that slide with a cross word?

2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Uh, wrong about the Cowboys fan. It might be obnoxious, sure, to drive around with a team flag on your car like you're in a parade, but in no way does he "deserve" anything for it. You hate it? Fine. Hate it. Doesn't mean you have some Fan Code right to rip it off.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Agreed, but expendable brings up a valid point. The people who ride around with team flags out of season are, in fact, douchebags. Hell, they're everywhere in Alabama, January through December. ROLL TIDE!

4. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Lighten up a little, Martin. My tongue was firmly in cheek. Still hate to see those car flags in the offseason. The biggest offenders seem to be the fans of the Cowboys, though.

5. MartinEnigmatica

Oh yes, they are prime douchebags. Also because it's an effort to have one of those things on your car, flag flapping in all directions, on the verge of falling out/off on the wrong window...so these people REALLY want to show their 'support'.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. MartinEnigmatica

Yeah, as soon as I sent it, I thought about putting an edit in there thinking you just typed that in good fun. My bad.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At that point, I expect a cop would have to do his job. Does vandalism justify assault?

8. outofplace

So, antagonizing people by having the flag on your car is fine, but dare to rip the flag off and you deserve to get knocked on your ass. Got it.

9. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

This reminds me of an old Martin Lawrence bit....

"What would you do if Mike Tyson punched your mom? Would you try to fight Mike Tyson? I mean, that's your mom. But that's Mike Tyson."

10. outofplace

Except, it's a fucking flag.

11. That's not the case in this siutation.
    Guy who pulled the flag off the car was being a douchebag.

12. I don't know if anybody is saying either guy is (legally) right here... except IF the guy didn't touch the flag on the guy's car he wouldn't have got punched out. i.e if he had kept his fucking hands to himself (and been an ass in the first place) this wouldn't be news.

Draft saved Draft deleted