1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys fans slugs Skins fans ..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 16, 2009.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Simple rule to live by, if you don't want to get punched out don't be a douchebag.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

So where's the line drawn, then? If a simple team flag doesn't warrent a punch, what's the least that could happen that would?

Then again, if people would mind their own business and keep their hands to themselves, none of this would happen.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nice rule. Ignores the law and the fact that people sometimes get punched out without being a douchebag, but nice.

4. outofplace

How about not punching people unless it is to protect yourself, someone else around you or your home?

Again, I never said the guy who pulled the flag off wasn't an ass, but he isn't the only one who is in the wrong here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

Fair enough. And I'm not saying I would have done the same thing. I just don't blame him for punching the guy. Not at all.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Not saying punching the guy was the right move there, but do you really think a cop would have dropped what he was doing to hunt down the flag-ripper and bring him to justice?

7. outofplace

Also fair enough. I do blame him. It's a fucking flag on his car, not something worth assaulting another human being. Even if the other human being is an asshole.

8. outofplace

I'm saying it's a much more reasonable response than assault. Getting over the stupid fucking flag and moving on with life would also qualify as a more reasonable response than assault.

9. JackReacher

Simply out of curiosity....what would you have done in that situation?

Edit: Sorry. I missed your last post. So you would have done nothing? Just went about your day as if nothing happened?

10. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

crazy ray is smiling in heaven

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Whoa. We're missing the whole point here. Cowboys fan is a douchebag for driving around with a flag on his car in April. Where was he going that was Cowboys-related? I hate it when people drive around with flags on their cars like that when they're not going to games. Cowboys fan got what he deserved for driving around with a flag in April. So did the Redskins fan, for that matter.

12. outofplace

Oh, I'm sure I would have been in a nasty argument with the guy. But I wouldn't be the first one to throw a fist.

Draft saved Draft deleted