1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys fans slugs Skins fans ..

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 16, 2009.

1. http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/cowboys-fan-slugs-dc-man-after-car-flag-swipe-23362

Guy driving through DC with a Cowboys flag on his car has it ripped off by a man crossing the street. Cowboy fans gets out of the car walks over and slugs the man. Cowboy fans picks up flag, gets back in car and continues on his way.

The guy got what he deserved.
    I tell my kids this all the time: Don't mess with other people's stuff! If it ain't yours don't touch it.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I love the Skins and hate the Cowboys.....but that guy deserved exactly what he got. Dummy.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ripping something off somebody's car is just stupid.

Retaliating by punching somebody in the face is assault.

4. JackReacher

At least he didn't shoot the guy.

5. outofplace

Fair point.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Addressing any stranger while driving is the very height of American stupidity.

You are simply asking to get shot.

Keep your eyes on the road and shut the fuck up.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

If everyone carried guns, this wouldn't have happened.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

In this case, the Cowboys fan could argue vandalization of property on the part of the Redskins fan.

Don't know if that'd be considered self-defense, but the Redskins fan sure as hell wasn't an innocent victim of some random dude punching his lights out.

10. outofplace

Never said he was an innocent victim, but it still doesn't justify assault. Both guys are in the wrong on this one.

11. JackReacher

Technically, that's true. But that doesn't mean the Skins fan didn't get what he deserved. Now....if the Skins fan would have fallen and cracked his head open on the sidewalk, needed surgery and eventually died...I'd be singing a different tune for sure. But he didn't, so he got what he deserved, right or wrong.

12. outofplace

It was a flag on his car. It's not like he smashed in a window or something. You want to talk about vandalization of property? Fine. Call a cop.

Sure it was a dick move, but we don't get to punch every person who acts like an asshole. Imagine the fights over people repeatedly blocking other fans views at sporting events alone if we did.

Draft saved Draft deleted