1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cowboys cut Idiot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jay_christley, Nov 27, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Excellent.

2. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Bring it on. Better than WIDE RIGHT!

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Soooooo.....

Scott Norwood wasn't available?

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Neither was just about every Florida State kicker. 8)

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

As a Steelers fan, this is what I'll always remember:
    Bill Cowher: "He missed it."
    Jerome Bettis: "He missed it." (Looks every bit relieved he's not the scapegoat)

Oh, the memories. Thank you, Vanderjagt, wherever you are.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Manning had no room to talk, considering he pretty much did fuck all that day until the final drive. He passed for one TD and ate the turf five times. Bravo.

As for Vanderjagt, that was only the third kick he'd missed all year -- 76 of 79, 96 per cent.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

2001 -- Vanderjagt misses wide right on a 49-yard try in overtime at Miami during a wild card game. Dolphins march right down the field and win it 23-17.

2004 -- Vanderjagt says the Patriots are "ripe for the picking," and goes on to add that "I think they're not as good as the beginning of the year and not as good as last year." Pats win 20-3 in Foxborough.

2005 -- Vanderjagt misses way, way wide right on a 46-yard try with 18 seconds to go, a kick that would have sent that into overtime. He did make a 46-yard try on Letterman four days later, though. Steelers win 21-18.

In two of the three playoff games listed here, Peyton Manning put the Colts in position to either win or extend the game -- and Vanderjagt couldn't do it. In the other, Vanderjagt simply added foolish comments when the game didn't need any such remarks, and from a kicker, no less.

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Touche. And good point about Bettis. If that had been his last play ever...

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Vanderjagt: "The laces were in."

Vanderjagt: "That just wasn't me."

Vanderjagt: "The laces were in."

:D

10. stevenash

stevenash Member

haha, its just that Vanderjagt isn't good under pressure

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Manning had all but sealed the Colts' fate earlier in the quarter on the interception by Troy Polamalu. The officials just came to his rescue with that ridiculous reversal.

Can't say I blame him for the sacks, especially the last two. Nobody on the Colts bothers to pick up Joey Porter on two consecutive plays? How do you lose track of the other team's best pass rusher twice in that situation? (Not that I minded)

That one still has to hurt for Colts fans. I know if Vanderjagt had made the kick and then Indy had won in OT, I would still be sick about it.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

So, he and Manning are perfect for eachother? ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted