1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COVID-19 testing survey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Oct 2, 2020.

?

Have you had a COVID-19 test?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Mini-Ditka

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I saw an ears, nose and throat doctor for other reasons. He stuck his scope deep into my nostrils. It was right on the verge of being painful, but it never reached that point. I asked him if having a Covid test is the same as that. He said no, it's worse because they don't know what they're doing.

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Nine in total, all negative. Two when I first got to Hong Kong in May (one upon arrival, the other at the end of my two-week quarantine), five in the US trying to get back to Hong Kong (one in Omaha, four in Dallas), and two more upon returning to Hong Kong.

Every Hong Kong test was a deep-throat saliva test where you spit into a bottle. Every test in the US was the Cotton Lance of Doom (TM). Didn't pay a cent for any of the tests, which was good because actually getting to them was quite another story.

TigerVols and maumann like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

4-0 baby!

maumann likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep, I posted this before ... but my weird "flu/cold" came right before Christmas. I had a few sniffles on a Friday night, went out to happy hour, came home and went to bed, woke up at 7 a.m. the next day and felt like there were a ton of bricks in my chest. Could barely breathe. Managed to get to Kroger for some Mucinex and it really didn't help much. Was completely knocked out for two days and then lost my voice for close to a month. Had an unproductive cough for weeks. Could feel the mess in my chest but no amount of coughing could break it up. Only started to clear when I got an albuterol inhaler. Never did have a loss of taste or smell that I can remember. Got tested for antibodies in June and they came back positive, and the nurse at Patient First told me that I was about the seventh or eighth person to come back positive who said they were sick with something weird in late December/early January. I'm convinced it was here well before March. Obviously would have gotten tested for it if we had known about it.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I had something similar except the trouble breathing when I came back from Disney World after Thanksgiving. Was sick in various ways for three weeks. Then my wife was sick for three weeks.

I haven’t gotten the antibody test tho.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I take at least one every single day. So far, I can still smell.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You definitely still smell.

Vombatus likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted