1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

COVID-19 testing survey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Regan MacNeil, Oct 2, 2020.

?

Have you had a COVID-19 test?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Mini-Ditka

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Just curious. I've had my brain stabbed twice. Both were negative.

You need not reveal whether you tested positive or negative if you don't want to.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think I've posted on this already, but I've been tested once. Wasn't a full lobotomy, but a thorough cleaning of my nostrils. I tested negative, but it was probably the most stressful five days I went through since the first three weeks of the shutdown in the Bay Area.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I got tested at the end of June just because. I didn't have any symptoms and working from home, I was not around people except for an occasional grocery run.

The test wasn't as bad as I expected, a little tickle when they jammed the Q-Tip up my nose. It took about 5 days for the result, which came back negative, as I expected.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I increasingly believe I had it the first week of January after a party at Medieval Times the week before.

Won't know for sure until I get a serology test.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I've been going to doctors' offices an average of probably once a week since March, and never been formally tested. They run down their 10-item checklist, then do a temperature scan and blood oxygen check, and if any of those are seriously off, then you get the test.
    So far, I haven't set off any warning bells.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Three times.

Tried to make it four but I'm on the road in Salt Lake City and there are no rapid result tests available w/o a 3-4 day wait for an appointment.

Maybe I'll sneak onto the Utah football team.

7. John

John Well-Known Member

I work for an SEC school and there is free testing for all asymptomatic students, faculty & staff. I've done it twice, once in July just to see, and once a month later after I'd had a bad 12-hour bug or something a few days before, just to be sure. Negative both times.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Have not been tested.

Still wonder about the weird “flu” or “cold” that I had at the end of January.

9. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

My volleyball club had a 17 year old test positive (he tested because he had a sore throat and a he also plays soccer and had a high school teammate test positive). So I made everyone get tested. I went in on Thursday afternoon and got the result tonight (Negative!). So far no more positives from the kids or coaches from the club.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Been tested twice. Both negative.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I’ve given blood twice. Both negative for antibodies.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes. Had surgery on 9/11. Had to test negative or the surgery was off. Came through with flying colors, BTW.

I Should Coco likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted