1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covetousness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Buck, Mar 23, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

[​IMG]

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why would you want to wear a blue low-cut dress?

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Sometimes you need to feel like a lady.

6. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I always look forward to the Consumer Reports car guide blurb on the Wrangler, which can be summed up as, "Seriously, we don't know why in the fuck anyone would ever want to buy this piece of crap -- it drives like shit, is amazingly uncomfortable and has the world's worst mechanical track record. But the resale value inexplicably is great."

I of course bought one once. Really fun for what it is, but a serious heap of junk.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Odd. I've owned four Jeeps over the years. Never had a major problem.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

You could look it up. One of the statistically least reliable cars ever. I always wondered why someone didn't make a serious attempt to do something open-air along the same lines but higher in quality (I'm sure someone probably has, but I don't know about it).

If someone like Toyota made a Wrangler-type car and brought it in at a reasonable price, seems like it would sell really well in warm climates.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Oh, I know what all the reports say. But there's a part of me that thinks that's non-Jeep people driving the average down.

I figure there are Jeep (Wranglers, specifically) owners and non-Jeepers. Occasionally, a non-Jeeper will buy a Jeep because he's always wanted one so he could drive around with the top down. Then he takes it out on the highway and it's loud as hell. It handles like a cement truck. So when something goes wrong, he trades it in and gives bad reviews of it.

Jeep owners, however, know all that going in. We've got Quadratec catalogs piled high. We know it's not the most reliable vehicle, but we can usually fix most of the problems ourselves.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:'(

11. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I have first hand experience of your need for both Ichiro and Cotton Candy ("Don't smush it!!!").

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted