1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

covers.com jobs

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Tucsondriver, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Tucsondriver

Tucsondriver Member

I noticed two job posts earlier today that are gone. Just wondering if anyone knows what happened. I'm assuming the company was viewed as a sketchy outfit, or upon further review the posts turned out to be fake or spam. Not intending to give them more free advertising, but I was intrigued by the baseball writer job.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The site's solid and legit. I've been reading it for like 15 years. They have a link on their site for jobs. They are located in Ireland.

They have some articles and stats for every team in every sport. Very comprehensive.

I can't vouch for anything related to how they treat any employee, but the site is established.

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

on freelance board

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I haven't listened to the station much in the past few months, but The Score's Hardcore Sports Radio (which was a great alternative to the normal drab of ESPNRadio and FOX Sports Radio until they had some changes in staffing) regularly had the "Cover Experts" from the site on the shows and from the way they talked it sounded like everything was based in Vegas. The experts, though, were very solid and very informed. Some of the names listed on the site I can remember hearing on Hardcore.

The way the experts talked, Covers.com sounded like an awesome place to work. And whether it's based in Scotland or Vegas is pretty much irrelevant as long as you get a paycheck.

5. David_Payne

David_Payne New Member

It's legit. I've been writing for them for nearly two years. Really like it ... it's not going to pay for kid's college but it's reliable. It's actually based in Canada.

6. ThatGuy

ThatGuy Member

I just started writing for them....so far so good...yes they are in Canada, and had several very professional phone converstations with them and all is good...

Draft saved Draft deleted