1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covering Monday's exhibition game at Rupp Arena? You'll get no help.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by imjustagirl, Aug 10, 2011.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wouldn't readers rather hear about the mighty UK football team and its upcoming season?

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, no lie, but there are some rabid UK football fans. They draw well for a generally middling team.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

They still have the bugler from Keeneland do the call to the post before the team comes out of the locker room?

4. imjustagirl

Meh, I was too busy talking to pay attention. :D

I haven't seen a game in 7 years.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Last time I covered a game at Commonwealth, there was no call to post played.

But they did change their uniforms to have a Derby theme, a la their basketball uniforms.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I think the game is sold out. Playing another game the next night in YUM! Center.

Peevey is being paid by ProCamps to be the media person for the game. It is totally non-UK affiliated, except for the former UK players playing the Dominican team coached by Caliapri and with Eloy Vargas (UK player) on it.

Have no idea who is actually profitting from this except maybe the Dominican team and city of Lexington.

And Coco, believe it or not, UK just came out and said they are limiting players for interviews because of the demand. Until school starts, offensive and defensive players are being made available on alternate days. Stupid bloggers.

There really won't be anything to do gamer-wise, just features. With enough time, you can get a crapload of feature stories. Especially if you are a PM paper and have the time to hang around.

7. imjustagirl

Not that you'd know anything about that. :)

8. Bob Slydell

I don't know what you are talking about!

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Just be sure to ask the players how they'll enjoy having Florida State in their league ... ;)

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

IJAG,
    Please come shoot me. Our copy desk has the game on and the volume turned up loud as can be. I don't know if I can take this tonight...

KY

11. imjustagirl

I just hope it's in HD, just for Keith Bogans' hindparts.

12. Bob Slydell

It's on an HD channel, not sure what that does for Bogans' rump. Packed house, actually cool to see Joe B and Denny on the bench.

It will be even cooler to see Crum coach on the court named after him tomorrow night.

Draft saved Draft deleted