1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covering A Scrimmage W/O Detailing The Scrimmage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

For FCS schools, how many people actually care about spring practice unless you live in Montana?

I see stories on NAIA schools having spring practice and I think, isn't there a spelling bee to cover?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

To expand on what I said earlier, here is our paper's collection of one day's worth of stories on one major-college football program, on April 16.

http://blog.pennlive.com/pasports/2012/04/gerald_hodges_dorian_johnson_penn_state.html

And people don't think scrimmage results are going to be devoured?

3. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Doesn't Langston deserve that type of coverage?

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That was going to be my suggestion. There's no length limit on the web. Write both stories.

5. young-gun11

young-gun11 Member

After reading the release and realizing this is something they do every week. You were spot on with what you wrote. No complaints from here.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

dude, i'm a huge husky fan. i like to think i have my pulse on UW recruiting ... and am about 100 times more connected to the sports scene than the average fan. and i know that names of maybe three "local recruits."

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

8. jr/shotglass

OK ... I could be wrong ...

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i've only made 74 posts here, so i shouldn't be mocked at failing ... horrifically.

10. jr/shotglass

Now, the only thing I'm going to mock is your recent failure with the quote function ...

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

a guy really thinks i'd learn the quote function ... right?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

and failure to beat you to pointing it out ... shit, i'm getting old.

Draft saved Draft deleted