1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coverage of the next Nowitzki, Parker, Magic, Carter, Casspi, Balbay, Aldrich...

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by heinnews, Mar 18, 2010.

1. heinnews

heinnews New Member

Hello all.
    I just wanted to ask a general question.

My name is David Hein. I am an American basketball journalist who lives in Europe and will be attending the Albert Schweitzer Tournament in Mannheim, Germany in April. And I was wondering if anyone were interested in coverage of the event.

It is a biennial U18 worldwide basketball tournament which for more than 50 years has attracted many of the top internation...al stars of the game (Toni Kukoc, Drazen Petrovic, Dino Radja, Dirk Nowitzki, Mehmet Okur, Hidayet Turkoglu, Darius Songaila, Tony Parker, Victor Khryapa, Ronny Turiaf, Boris Diaw, Zoran Planinic, Andrew Bogut, Ersan Ilyasova, Yi Jianlian, Nicolas Batum, Alexis Ajinca, Omri Casspi, Patrick Mills, Dogus Balbay, Gal Mekel) as well as many U.S. stars (Magic Johnson, BJ Armstrong, Tim Duncan, Vince Carter, Eddie Griffin, Kyle Lowry, Ramon Sessions, Cole Aldrich).

The 2008 group of players was also very solid with Erving Walker (Florida), Deniz Kilicli (West Virginia), Enes Kanter (Washington recruit), a number of excellent Greek players (Nikos Pappas, Kostas Papanikolaou and Vlantimir Giankovits), Chris Czerapowicz (Davidson recruit) and Matthew Dellavedova (St. Mary’s) among others.

The teams at the 2010 edition are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, China, Croatia, France, Germany U17 and U18, Greece, Israel, Italy, Japan, New Zealand, Spain, Turkey and United States.

The rosters of some of the teams have been announced but not for the U.S.

Here is a link to the site - http://www.ast-basketball.de/

Just wondering if any of you would be interested in coverage for your publications/sites. If you are considering it and would like some more information, feel free to email me – heinnews@gmx.de. And more information about me can be found at www.heinnews.com

All the best
    Dave
    heinnews@gmx.de

Draft saved Draft deleted