1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cover high school sports in Wilmington, NC

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by gravehunter, Jun 14, 2013.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

Along the same lines, I would go with smartasses, rather than smart asses, though both are applicable in many cases here.

2. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

I wrote it that way knowing one of you would point it out. No surprises.

3. GidalKaiser

GidalKaiser Member

Update: They've moved past the initial stage and are into interviews/follow-ups. 190 initial applicants.

4. slc10

slc10 Member

For the sake of curiosity tlatimer, why are you leaving? Is it for greener pastures or are you leaving the profession?

5. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/3617712/

6. boundforboston

It appears there are now two openings here: https://twitter.com/APSE_sportmedia/status/353240276942323714

7. TWilliams161

TWilliams161 New Member

Interesting. Would think they knew this was coming when they posted the first gig, but maybe not.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Well, sounds like they have no shortage of candidates to choose from, so filling two spots shouldn't be a problem. Twice I've been in situations where I started the same day (or within a couple of days) as a colleague. Made it easier, because neither of us had to feel like low man on the staff.

9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Wow. Chuck has been there forever. I have crossed paths with him quite a few times over the years.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Another one here to vouch for the quality that is Dan Spears.

I worked with Dan for around 3-4 years at one of his stops and I learned a hell of a lot from him. A stand-up guy who will work with you to make you better every day.

Whoever lands these gigs will have a great boss for as long as they or he is there.

11. Waldo9939

Waldo9939 Active Member

I can say with near certainty, only because he already put it out on Twitter and I trust him, that Vince Nairn, a two-year writer at the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette just outside of Columbus, has accepted one of the positions. Vince will be a great asset to the StarNews. I have edited his copy in his time at the E-G and Wilmington is getting a budding star.

12. boundforboston

Are they also going to hire a second person after Chuck left?

Draft saved Draft deleted