1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cover for me guys. Or, Greg McMackin steps in it

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Idaho, Jul 30, 2009.

1. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Wonder if UCA got a two-fer deal like Charleston Southern.

2. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

True enough, but if he is suspended for 30 days, but is allowed to do his job, how is it a suspension? Kind of like Manny getting to start his rehab while he was "suspended."

If they just said he was fined, okay. But they are saying he is suspended, which isn't really happening.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

He's a state employee and I doubt there is a mechanism to purely fine him, so a "suspension without pay where you continue working" has to serve as the equivalent.

4. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Losing part of your paycheck is a big deal, to be sure. My point is that a suspension is supposed to take the suspendee away from their cherished activity. Allowing him to be around the team on a voluntary basis turns the entire idea on its head.

5. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Does this mean they're going to have to go back to being called the Rainbow Warriors?

Draft saved Draft deleted