1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cousin of Bode Miller kills cop, shot dead by passerby

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by e4, May 12, 2007.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Re: And sportschick weeps silently ...

Hey Headbutt, can we move the Bode Miller's cousin's murder and merge it with this one? I was unaware that he quit the ski team until I read this thread.

I'm just speculating, but talk about strange timing. His cousin is found with along with a cop, and then today he quits the team.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Bode's been making retirement noises for a while. He's never fit in well with the ski team. Can't say I'm surprised he quit the team nor would I be surprised if his decision to finally quit the team was tied to his cousin's death.

3. Jack_Kerouac

Jack_Kerouac Member

Re: Cousin of Bode Miller killed along with cop, no specific details

As it turns out, Miller's cousin killed the cop, then a passer-by grabbed the dead cop's gun and killed the cousin. The cousin and the cop had a history of other run-ins together. Sad story.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/O/OFFICER_SHOT?SITE=WIMIL&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

5. Re: Cousin of Bode Miller killed along with cop, no specific details

I was in NH working last night.
    This was the Kennedy assassination for local news.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Is that post padding I see from sportschick?

Sing it with me:
    sportschica is to Bode as Rok is to Kobe. :D ;D jus' playin'

7. EE94

EE94 Guest

Live free or die.
    That is one fucked up state

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

9. KP

KP Active Member

Stay classy Bode.

10. Re: And sportschick weeps silently ...

The cousin story was really interesting. Apparently the cousin had accused the same cop of brutality during a previous arrest and hated the cop so much that Bode once challenged a speeding ticket from the same cop just to antagonize said cop.

Strange, small-town stuff.

Before I read the specifics about the story I was thinking how much it must suck to be famous (especially those not necessarily rich) and have your name in the news everytime an idiot relative does something stupid and criminal.

If I were famous my name would be in the paper every day for the criminal actions of my relatives. Dumb asses.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Re: Cousin of Bode Miller killed along with cop

Sounds like a reverse Rumble Fish.

12. e4

e4 Member

Re: Cousin of Bode Miller killed along with cop

How do you think the fellas in prison feel about making those Live Free or Die license plates?

I'm from NH and spent a summer in the Franconia area one during college; there's absolutely nothing to do up there except hike, mountain bike, go to some crappy water park, look at where the Old Man used to be, or ski in the winter. My friends and I basically got drunk every night and hoped the bears wouldn't come snooping around, no joking about the bears. I worked at a bike shop for a guy named Stan who would run to the bank everytime a customer came in. I worked there for two weeks, never got paid. I would drive a van up a mountain so people could ride the bike trails back down. Sadly, I rode a bike (yes, uphill) to work.

Draft saved Draft deleted