1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Courtney Paris: A title, or I'll pay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I have a better chance of growing hair than OU -- or anyone else -- has of beating UConn.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

2. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

If it's easier, Courtney, we can set up a direct deposit from us to the University of Oklahoma. Hope that works for you.

Thanks,
    The Management of Spartak Moscow

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

UConn 50, No. 5 Louisville 20, 2:00 left, first half.

If the Sooners are No. 3, does that mean they'd only be down 50-35 at this point? ;)

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Key member of the 49ers offensive line during the 80s glory days. Attended the same high school as Cris Dishman.[/prouddesaleshsalum]

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Exactly right.
    She should have just said "if we don't reach the Final Four"

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Bubba was solid, but he wasn't that good, Shot. But he had weight issues throughout his time with the Niners, and Bobb McKittrick, then the offensive line coach, perfected the leg whip. The latter is conveniently overlooked by too many IMO.

And TB, I don't doubt that UConn is good. But Oklahoma and Maryland might be able to give Geno's women a game. Courtney Paris pieced together a string of 112 straight double-doubles that was broken by Tennessee this season. And if you haven't seen Marissa Coleman and Kristi Toliver play in College Park, you're missing out. UConn is better throughout the roster, but Coleman and Toliver don't have to take a backseat to anyone. I'm not handing the Huskies the title yet.

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I'd hate to think what the score would be if Louisville didn't have Angel McCoughtry, the conference's defensive player of the year and best all-around player.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Once she has played her last game she is free to do whatever she wants with that $64 K, as long as she's not paying recruitable athletes, etc. She is no longer an NCAA athlete.

My guess is, if OU does win and she does pay it back, it will establish the "Paris Scholarship Endowment" or something like that. If they do win and she does pay back the cost of her scholarship, more power to her. It's an incredible gesture, and to me deomonstrates she had a good experience as an OU student-athlete.

And $64 K isn't out of line for four years at a public university.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

UConn's approach allows them to wear down marquee players like Paris.
    She's good, and will be a good pro most likely.
    But UConn with run her 'til her tongue hangs out.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Neither club's getting inside 20 of UConn as soon as the Huskies have enough time to reach that point, Sam.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Give the girl some credit, atleast she understands the a guarantee without a payout for losing is nothing a but a simpleton's gesture. (see, Ewing, Patrick)

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I'd just like to point out that Courtney's double-double streak really ended last season, but in a miraculous twist, an SID realized she hadn't been credited for a rebound after watching game tape (least that's how I remember it).

Draft saved Draft deleted