1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Courtney Paris: A title, or I'll pay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shotglass, Mar 10, 2009.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Don't know if it's a d_b, but I saw this on ESPN's crawl tonight.

Quite a statement by the Oklahoma star, especially with that particular opponent from New England hanging around.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I hope she has 64K on hand because UConn will kick her ass.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Given who her daddy is, I'm sure she does.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Who is her daddy? And what if he doesn't want to pay for her stupidity?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I hadn't even realized. Heh. Daddy, sp, is Bubba.

6. sportschick

Yea, her Dad was the first thing I thought of when I heard she said that, Shot. Between that and the money she'll make playing overseas after she graduates, I've got no doubt she can repay the 64K.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

She will, but it certainly won't be a shrug of the shoulders like an NBA draft pick.

8. sportschick

No, not at all, but she will make enough to cover it her first year. I don't think she's gonna pull a Candace Parker and get preggers.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Bubba might as well write the check right now.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Bubba played eight years don't know if he even made $6 million during his career, lives in a pricey neighborhood in the East Bay hills, has six kids and now works as a motivational speaker (which probably isn't as glamorous as it sounds). Courtney does realize the WNBA doesn't pay $64K a season right? And even the top female players barely top $1 million a year overseas? I'll be rooting for her - kind of nice to see an athlete really back it up.
    Found it interesting, on Bubba's website he's offering a guarantee that if people don't think he motivated their group, they don't have to pay.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I should like to meet the man who would look Bubba Paris in the eye and say, "You did not motivate me; I want my money back."

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Or the Oklahoma financial officer who says, "Bubba, Courtney said she'd pay back the 64K, so pony up," the day after Okla is knocked out of the tournament

Draft saved Draft deleted