1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Court-ordered refund on a credit card notice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Dec 7, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Got one as well. I'll use the $25 to buy a shredder for all the mortgage offers I've gotten.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I didn't get one of these, but one time I got a check for $7.32 in the mail because I was apparently apart of a class action lawsuit against those companies that give you 7 CDs for 1 cent. I was in college and it bought me a 12-pack of Natural Light.

I also was apart of a class action lawsuit against Netflix, but as part of their agreement all I got was a month free. I didn't trust them to actually only give me one month and not just continue my membership and start charging me again.

Class action lawsuits are fun, except for that one my mom was in against the government for her getting cancer from Hanford and the government winning.

Meaning all my mom won was losing her thyroid and almost dying at the age of 27.

3. I got one too and am opting for the $25 option. I fully expect to get a check for $3.07 five years now after appeals and attorney fees are finished.

4. I got one yesterday. Threw it in the trash.

5. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I got one. I was out of the country a few weeks, so I went with option 2. I'll let you know how much cash I get . . . assuming SportsJournalists.com is still around in 5 years.

6. Got one of these, too. I've probably been out of the country 60-70 days in that span. I don't have all the receipts from those trips, so I'll probably take Option 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted