1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Couple breaks up on airplane. Tweets on it go viral.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Speaking of lying, you just did when you claimed you aren't running from a question that you refuse to answer. I even altered it to account for your semantic dodge, but you still refuse.

More importantly, you have now graduated to making fun of my religious custom, which is why I write it G-d. You are calling something I do as a part of my faith insecurity, which is not only offensive, it is extremely hypocritical coming from you. If somebody did the same to you, we wold never hear the end of it.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Looks like a pretty straightforward answer to me.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

If I remember the Bible story, we should have just heard a cock crow.

Riptide and old_tony like this.
  4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Hey, Tony, the G-d thing is out of bounds. That's actually a religious thing. He didn't just make that up.

If you want people to respect your religious beliefs, it's a pretty good idea to respect theirs.

YankeeFan and Dyno like this.
  6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

First I've ever seen it or heard of it. Apologies to sincere people of the Jewish faith.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Only 15 minutes from Tahoe.

8. outofplace

Couldn't you just apologize? There seems to be an implication in that statement. If I am reading that incorrectly, please clarify.

You were way out of line this time, Tony. The least you could have done is make a straightforward apology to the person you offended.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  9. outofplace

Not really, no. He made the distinction between what Dick's child actually knows or what the child has been told, which I believe is a loaded challenge. I'm reflecting the same challenge back at him. Is his belief simply what he was told? He still hasn't answered that question.

Also, thank you for aiding in the clarification regarding "G-d." I have explained that one on the site more than once in the past, but I do realize some people are not familiar with the practice.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.