1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Couple breaks up on airplane. Tweets on it go viral.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The deal is, we're living in 1984. You are being watched and monitored almost everywhere, by companies and the government as well as individuals.

This is as good a place as any to post this, which is the proverbial tip of the iceberg, because privacy is an illusion not only online but in the real world, too:

The Illusion of Online Privacy

2. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Do you regret using your real name as a handle, Daman?

Big Circus likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

So, we're convinced this whole thing is real?

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They already know my real name. And yours.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Seems real-ish. I mean, spilling a $10 airplane Bloody Mary is pretty far to go for a bit.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Well, I hope this Kelly chick enjoys her fame...so when she has a bad moment it will be broadcast to the world somehow.
    Karma baby!

cjericho likes this.
  8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Live-tweeting this kind of thing is gross.

Taking pictures of it to include with your tweets? Something is actually wrong with you. You are a bad person.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Nope.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Not surprising. We now have a whole generation of people who won't feel their lives are quite complete until they go viral.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If this is real, the guy has to be the dumbest person on the planet to think this was the best course of action.

As a side note, I'd totally "live tweet" my observations on couples having their first date a few tables away from my wife and I. Those are usually gold.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Dave Bidini (Canadian rocker/author) did this a few years ago. He was sitting in a cafe and the couple at the next table were breaking up. He had about 10 tweets that were really just overheard quotes. I had a mild issue that he did that, but because she included a pic I absolutely hate that this woman did this. To what end?

HC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.