1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Couple breaks up on airplane. Tweets on it go viral.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I hesitate to spread their misery further, but the cat's out of the bag at this point.

I guess it has come to this: If you are in a public space, you should expect that everything you do is subject to someone's social media feed.

Who the hell does this?

Woman Live-Tweets Couple's Awkward Plane Breakup

I had a minor epiphany on Sunday. I was at a church fair with my family and my friend's family. I was about to do the old Facebook Check-In, naming the people I was with. And then I thought, "It's not really my place to broadcast that these people are here with me. Maybe they don't want people to know they're here."

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You were at a church function? Live Tweet that shit!

Mr. Sunshine and JackReacher like this.
  3. Dick Whitman

That's who puts the fairs on in our area. Isn't that typical?

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Dick, correct. From a counterintelligence point of view, good move on your part not to do that. I've always wanted to open a cottage industry of robbing people's houses when I knew they weren't home thanks to social media. But, I've decided not to start a life of crime yet.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. LongTimeListener

Dick, did you tell them the Bible was your very favorite book of fairy tales?

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

All the world's a stage...

7. Dick Whitman

It was at a Catholic church, the church I grew up attending and the fair I grew up attending. The Old Testament is a book of mythology. I'll tell a priest that, too. I've told my 6-year-old that. He believes in God and Jesus, but he knows there wasn't an actual Adam and Eve or Noah's Ark.

8. When I read this yesterday I thought it was pretty shitty of the woman "live-tweeting" the breakup to do so.

Again .. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.
    And there's a difference between things that happen and in public and going public.

Iron_chet likes this.
  9. LongTimeListener

All right, my tangent/poking done ... yeah I can't understand why someone would feel OK doing this.

And this. You're always fodder for someone else's humor, I guess.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Rock was so entertained he tweeted her.

He was probably thinking the guy should have asked the girl if she liked pancakes.

11. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

This woman is terrible. Unless the situation involves some sort of danger, mind your own business.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.