1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coup attempt in Turkey

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JohnHammond, Jul 15, 2016.

1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If the people are determined to put a man like Trump in power, no amount of constitutional restriction was going to save the country in the long run.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Well, maybe Article XII could save us. But that's it.

4. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Istanbul is a cakewalk compared to Baghdad, Kabul, or Islamabad. At least you can walk in public there without too much fear of being killed.

Guess bigpern's friend is OK. Haven't heard Chaffetz or Gowdy mention anything.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Actually, due to the job conditions itself, that's not necessarily true. I won't bother explaining.

Those truly concerned about BP's friend know the story. Some people taken advantage of PMs to conduct personal matters.

I'm intimately interested in this thread, but I'm leaving it now due to your comments. You've made it not worth it to me.

You win. Goodbye.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you can't handle crticism, but think you can handle Baghdad and Kabul.

I criticize the fact you've just speculated a couple of times here and making it seem as if you're in some war zone, while trying to maintain a veneer of authority regarding the situation.

As for bigpern's friend, is it really your job or business to nose around because a guy on a message board was concerned? If something did happen, I doubt it should be released here, even via PM. I question your professionalism and ability to handle pontially sensitive info.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. YankeeFan

Turkey clamping down on the judiciary, military, media, education, etc.

It's now an Islamic dictatorship, and now they're making threats about their relationship with the US.

Time to throw them out of NATO.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So then you're saying the coup attempt was probably orchestrated so that all of these dominos could fall?

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

Dexter Filkins:

12. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Very interesting article.

Draft saved Draft deleted