1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Count Elin among commercial haters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Love the idea of Tiger going bad just to stick it to the stodgy golf world of billy paynes. He owes them nothing.

2. beanpole

beanpole Member

So Elin can consider forgiving 14 or so mistresses, but the commercial was the final straw? Nice try, NYDN.

3. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

not to defend tiger or anything, but his foundation does good work and it depends on corporate cash to continue that work. i doubt corporate america would continue supporting the foundation if he intentionally becomes golf's villain.
    I'd like to know how much cash his infidelity has cost the foundation in outside donations.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

But him becoming golf's villian would be much more fun for us. Screw him. I mean, if corporate American ditches him, I'll even chip in and buy the "I shaved my balls for this?" shirt for him.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Good God Almighty! Tiger just shot it in the sandtrap! And Mickelson's now one behind. The last 17 holes are going to be a real slobbernocker!"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

"Oh my God! Tiger just smashed Mickelson with a steel chair!! It looks like a car wreck!!! Can we get some damn paramedics in here?"

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Tiger making a heel turn. I like it. 8)

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Show me the papers.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Daly, "Didn't know you watermelons liked foreign jobs."
    Woods, "Yeah, well I didnt have much of a choice. Some white asshole bought the last piece of shit, sky blue Winnebago."

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Elin's only going to get one crack at the divorce/settlement so she doesn't want to rush into anything. I'm guessing she's got lawyers telling her to bide her time and make sure she's got all the dirt she can ever use to get as much money out of him as she can before she files papers.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm guessing Nike will give him about $60 million reasons why he can't become a villain.

It would be great though.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Isn't there a pre-nup?

Draft saved Draft deleted