1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Count Elin among commercial haters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So says NY Daily News, some interesting stuff in here but I don't know how credible:

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/04/14/2010-04-14_tiger_woods_wife_elin_nordegren_flees_florida_home_pals_say_divorce_is_coming_so.html

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Good for her.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I kinda of hope Elin leaves and Tiger embraces his inner villian. Just grow the goatee, wear the sunglasses and the "I shaved my balls for this?" t-shirt to his first post-Elin tournament. Cursing up a storm, telling the people who boo to eff off. The whole nine. WWF style.

How great would that be?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

It's amazing she's lasted this long without filing papers. She probably gave it an honest shot, but with the neighbor and the commercial, that was probably enough. Hell, it was probably enough already, but this just snapped her into "What the hell am I staying for?"

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I don't get why she's still with him. But as a veteran reader of tabloids, I don't know if this gives anything new about the marriage, although the details about the commercial are interesting.

Wouldn't be surprised? Uh, no shit. And it's the same type of quote from a "friend" we've seen about 100 times in the last five months. In two weeks we'll probably here they had lunch together again and Elin's warming to him, until the next report about him banging a caterer.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I could go for it, as long as he blasts Mickelson with a chair on the 18th tee at Pebble Beach. He can form a heel tag team with John Daly. It'll be great.
    Oh, and Jim Ross has to call all of Tiger's tournaments.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll bet he told her, "Just wait until after The Masters." Because, who knows, we might not see him until the next major.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is a list of tournaments I would bet he plays in; Only one that is iffy would be the Nelson.

I bet now that there's nothing left for him to do, he'll play even more.

April 29 - May 02 Quail Hollow Championship

May 06-09 THE PLAYERS Championship

May 20 - 23 HP Byron Nelson Championship

June 03 - 06 the Memorial Tournament presented by Morgan Stanley

June 17 - 20 U.S. Open Championship #

July 01 - 04 AT&T National

July 15 - 18 British Open Championship #

Aug. 05 - 08 World Golf Championships-Bridgestone Invitational

Aug. 12 - 15 PGA Championship #

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Be cool if he joined forces with John Daly traveling the country in Daly's RV.

When the movie comes out Nick Nolte could play Daly and Eddy Murphy could play Woods.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Except Murphy and Nolte are too old.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Sonuva!!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?page=hill/100414

I guess Jemele is an avid SJ reader. :)

12. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

Not to be a nit, but Triple H is currently one of the most beloved faces in WWE. He's played a heel for a lot of his career, but he's been a big face for a large portion of his career as well.

I'm thinking Tiger is more along the lines of a Randy Orton. He's currently getting cheered by fans, but still has the sinister mannerisms and wrestles like a heel. Orton is also known as "The Legend Killer," which is a role that would fit Tiger well considering he's attempting to break Nicklaus' record while dominating fan favorites like Mickelson. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted