1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coulter in 'hot water'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Trouser_Buddah, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I can understand if someone has a different position from mine. That's fine. I just don't like how hateful she is when she's defending her position and blasting the other side. Almost always, there's no need to go as far as she does.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo, learn to read. There are no "code words" in my sentence.

You know, if you want to hitch yourself to a conservative spokesperson, go ahead. Just you'd have a little more credibility if you chose someone with some intellectual smarts and a smidgeon of integrity. Because she has neither.

Look at the video I posted. First she made a claim that anyone who knew ANYTHING about the Vietnam war knows is factually wrong. And when Bob McKeown calls her on it, she still insists that she was right. Several times. But in McKeown's world, she's a lightweight.

3. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Richard Belzer said it best: Fascist Barbie doll.

4. Bill Horton

Bill Horton Active Member

and it doesn't look all that good on her, either. She scares with me with those hollow eyes and that big forehead ... and many of her views, of course.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

She has neither, in your opinion. This all comes down to the fact that you think you're right and she's wrong. The fact that she's abrasive only pisses you off more.

6. It used to, though.
    I don't think she's eaten since 1998.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And I think I'm right and the flat-earth society are wrong. It's not a matter of opinion.

Her shrillness just adds to her total lack of intellectual credibility and as the video shows, when she's wrong, she keeps claiming she's right until someone with more smarts slaps her around.

It's a standard right wing operating procedure. Repeat the lies, misinformation and falsehoods often enough and people accept them as reality. Like you, Hondo.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Actually, the bankruptcy of Air America has less to do with its voices than with its business plan. It tried to start a syndicated network from scratch. It had no connections to powerful radio distributors that could place their shows on radio stations you can get more than 10 blocks away from the transmitter. Also, it tried to do instantly what it took conservatives over 10-15 years to do in getting a foothold in talk radio.

Air America probably would have been better off offering Franken first, trying to score a distribution deal with a Westwood One or Clear Channel (not that Clear Channel would support a liberal voice, though if Franken could demonstrate he'd pull in ad revenue, even Clear Channel would be willing), then expanding the network from there.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I hope Coulter gets her dick knocked in the dirt on this deal.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

hondo, you're starting to whine again.

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Republicans have used victims who agree with their politics from time to time, too.

12. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Everybody knows that Coulter is being set up in this criminal investigation because the liberal election employee that allowed her to vote in the wrong district just so Coulter could look bad and be the center of a voter fraud investigation :)

Draft saved Draft deleted