1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you pass the Haynesworth test?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Aug 2, 2010.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Again, you're missing the point. The point is to get him in shape. That's just one way to do it. Whether you believe it or not, having Haynesworth -- or anyone -- run for a longer period of time than he will on Sundays is beneficial.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

If there's a sub-five-minute workout that gets you in shape for professional football, this ain't it.

I'm not going to change your opinion; you're not going to change mine. Let's go on to the next subject.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. JackReacher

Why wouldn't it get you in shape? And what's it say for Haynesworth - a Pro Bowl caliber professional football player - that he's apparently not in good enough shape to do something that won't get you in shape?

It's not the be-all, end-all of conditioning tests, but it's obviously fair to say that it's been a good way to judge Haynesworth's fitness level.

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't think you really understand conditioning.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Haynesworth looks pretty fit in all the photos that I've seen. I also read that he dropped 30 lbs.

I think this is more a battle of wits than a conditioning issue. Haynesworth does not want to play middle guard.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Shanahan is already signaling this may have to slide if it keeps up. Looks like even he realizes at a certain point, being an asshole to prove a point only gets you so far.

7. JackReacher

I think at some point in the last 24-48 hours, Shanny went from "I'm an asshole and I'm gonna prove my point" to "Holy shit. This guy really might not be able to pass this test. Now, I wanna keep it going to see how long it'll take him, solely out of curiosity."

Either way, Shanny > Al

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

FWIW, I'm surprised to see Andrew Mollenbeck is working in DC. He was a great young reporter here in LA on KNX.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Conditioning has taken me to the finish line of six marathons and, at last count, almost 10,000 miles, so if that comment is aimed at me, please, don't go there.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I couldn't do it right now. But if I had his contract and knew I had till the end of the summer to make sure I could pass the test in order to keep the millions flowing? Yeah... in that case, I could do it.

11. WBarnhouse

WBarnhouse Member

What are the parameters of the conditioning test? I have hamstrings that need shredding.

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I might have been able to do it when I was in high school.

Draft saved Draft deleted