1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you hide $100K from the cops?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 4, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

He does have a point though - nobody is better at making money disappear than a stock broker.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Anything in the rules against using a dummy briefcase?

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

That's a good question. I wonder if you could find one to match the one they give you though.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Probably not exactly, but if you buried a fake one 20 minutes in, the eyewitnesses wouldn't know that it didn't look like the real one, just that they had a suitcase. You'd have to at least be close enough on the color that the investigators wouldn't dismiss it out of hand. And is 60 minutes enough time to a) get/buy a suitcase, b) hide the dummy, c) drive a bit, d) hide the real one and e) drive away enough that they don't take you in near the scene of the crime?

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I'd like to see what approach that guy that cracked The Price is Right for a perfect game would take on this. There's got to be an plan that would steamroll the cops even as stacked as this game is.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is this on tonight?

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think the time issue would be the biggest thing. If I'm reading correctly, the police get 48 hours to look for it, right? I don't know if a couple briefcases would be enough to dissuade or stall them with that time frame.

8. JoJo

JoJo Member

Tonight's couple was so much better than the brothers from last week, although there was a point tonight when I thought the husband was going to break. And then there was a time I thought he was going to have to be admitted to an insane asylum.

Also, it's pretty easy to tell who wears the pants in that family.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Man, the two gay guys in Chicago totally had it. The cops were looking in the complete wrong spot and had no leads. Then one of them breaks because he can't stand being in the cell with 18 hours to go. Terrible.

10. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Folded like origami, after throwing out hefty doses of early bravado. Candyass. Pissed me off, since the cops weren't close. I liked the three-way call they did with the friend.

Mrs. Birdscribe and I would have this down in LA. I'd be calling people on my cell like a chimp on speed. Plus, driving all over hill and dale before stashing it. The mind reels at the overwhelming list of possibilities.

Draft saved Draft deleted