1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you hide $100K from the cops?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Some people pay good money for that.

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Would it be too obvious to hide the briefcase somewhere in the vehicle?

Drive around for 10 minutes, stop at a public place to stick the case under the seat or duct tape it to the undercarriage, then drive around some more for the rest of the hour.

I wonder how closely the officers inspect the vehicle.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it wasn't elective.

4. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Sounds like one hell of a honeymoon.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Question 3:
    Why don't they give the case to a friend of theirs who can keep it in their car or something?
    A; Rules state you must hide the case in a location that does not move and must be available and accessible to the Investigators for 24 hours a day. Any other parties that a contestant brings into the game must agree to be available to the Investigative team and play by the same rules with regards to questioning.

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

These two guys could get it done, and here's how:

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Since the pair has to stay together, one of us would be blindfolded and not know shit about anything. The other would do all the work hiding the case and lie his ass off.

8. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If possible, can we have a thread about this?

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I might pony up a few thou for footage of this, hahahaha

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

They put them in solitary? Jesus Christ... Why don't they just waterboard them?

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

There are way too many rules for this thing.

I'm just waiting to find out that during the interrogation that they can rip out your fingernails.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I watched it, but only paying half attention.

The weak brother pissed me off. Yeah, they put you in solitary, and that sucks, but it's not like REALLY being in solitary, because you know in two days you are getting out -- not just from solitary, but altogether. You have to be mentally weak not to be able to keep that in perspective and just deal.

I can't believe he broke. It was $100k and the interrogators were like cartoon characters. In that situation, they have no leverage. You know you aren't going to prison, you know you are locked up for a defined period of time--just count off the hours and you go home. They can't threaten you with anything, because they have no real power. Is it really that hard to sit back for two days and just say stupid things that hopefully have them running around in circles?

Draft saved Draft deleted