1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you hide $100K from the cops?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Aug 4, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Watching this now. They're both giving up WAY too much information in their interrogation. I'm not telling them SHIT.

"Who'd you call?"
    "You have the phone records."

These guys are like "I called my friend to ask him this, then this friend to ask him this."

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Person A is driving the car and keeps the cell phone. At a stop light Person B gets out of the car with the money in an area with a shit load of forclosed homes (high end place).

A agrees to pick up B in 30 or 45 minutes at the same light after B hides the money.

While B is hiding the money, A drives all over the fing place. Stopping for a minute or two at hardware stores, bus stations, post offices malls, all sort of crap. And while they are driving, they are calling everyone they know and looking up bullshit on the GPS.

And B never tells A where the money is hid and A never tells B where they drove so interrogation is a cluster.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Thinking more about the interrogation phase, are there requirements on how much the contestants have to cooperate with the police? Do they have to answer questions? No matter how icy your veins, 48 hours of interrogation is a long damn time to hold out if you're in a room with someone firing questions at you. Even harder if they're allowed to use tried and true tactics like sleep deprivation and not letting you go to the bathroom.

4. imjustagirl

It appeared from the episodes they were relatively short interrogation stints. More of it was spent alone in solitary confinement, which is what broke the guy who broke. No threatening, no nothing. The one cocky brother just finally started laughing at them.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Here are some rules, from Jerry Bruckheimer's blog

http://blog.jbfilms.com/?p=795

Contestants must stay together while hiding the briefcase

Contestants must use the vehicle. They can park it and walk somewhere.

They can use pay phones.

Detectives get GPS information tracking the vehicle, cell phone records.

The briefcase must be hidden somewhere accessible 24 hours a day.

Anyone the contestants use to hide the money must be accessible by detectives.

All questions must be answered, but both sides are expected to lie and do their best to deceive the other.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Solitary = take a nap

Keep your answers to name, rank, id number, yes and no. OR "I don't have to tell you shit, copper."

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The thing about the briefcase being accessible 24 hours a day is brutal. Really cuts down the options.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you can't go 5th Amendment. It's okay, but I actually wish there were more explanations about why they do certain things.

9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

48 hours in solitary when you know for sure you're getting out and you BREAK? Pathetic.

10. imjustagirl

That guy was WEAK. I saw it from the get-go. His brother talks about how he wanted to get him involved because he was basically unemployed and staying in his house, which he shared with his mom. Plus he talked about his "personal bubble" and how the interrogators got too close to him and it freaked him out.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Shit. 48 hours and this punk broke? I had 4'2" Asian chicks slap the shit out of me for a week, and I didn't break. Weak ass bitch.

12. imjustagirl

That sounds elective.

Draft saved Draft deleted