1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you ever own a minivan?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think I started it. I blame me. I tried to go back and fix it.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

So what you mean is a vehicle with no storage space that you risk rolling over at 20 mph. That'll work.

If you're that concerned about what you look like in a minivan, skip the SUV and just buy a four-door sedan. The storage space will be just as great, and you'll get a lot better mileage in a safer, more reliable vehicle. I actually didn't get my first minivan until my third child arrived. Though I wish we had done that sooner, a Toyota Corolla was just enough to hold everything and everybody, if a little tightly squeezed.

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I guess if your kid(s) are friendless... perhaps you won't.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I have a Honda Pilot.... it's just semantics.... minivan/SUV, the functionality is the same.

5. OK, so what's wrong with driving something that looks better to you then? Is it any different than what colors you choose to paint your walls?

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Word for freakin word.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

C'mon, Luggy. I'm sure you look great in puke.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Sometimes it becomes a choice... Would you rather spend more than $40K on a SUV that will seat more than four comfortably, or will you pay about half that for a minivan that will hold seven people comfortably?

The Pilot is one of the exceptions, but the good ones usually run more than $30K.

At some point it becomes less about what makes you feel cool and what is most convenient for your family.

Draft saved Draft deleted