1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could you do it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Mitch E.

Mitch E. Member

Ahh. Thank you. I will pay a little more attention to the fine print. But 72 bucks? I'm a big eater but I don't think it would be worth it to try and fail.

2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

If I got to Outback and get a 12oz steak I have breakfast the next morning ... so the answer would be no.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

They put a bucket right there for you.

4. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Good luck, Chef! I love the Big Texan and have watched many a person try this and fail. Make sure you come back and post what happened!

(P.S. I'm confident that that steak would feed me...and both of my parents as well.)

5. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

How many are still alive afterward?

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

Many.

Joey "Jaws" Chestnut did it in 8 minutes, 52 seconds.

One guy did 2 of them in an hour.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I've been there - thought about it - backed off when I realized that a) they put you on a scale before and after and b) you have to do it on a stage in the middle of the restaurant and c) if you fail it's about $50 bucks.
    The steak is about the size of a 300 page 8.5 by 11, hardback book, I felt lucky to put down a 20 oz steak.
    Funny reading the comments of the people who've done it. One guy, a 300 lber's quote was, "thanks for the meal." Made it sound like it was an appetizer.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If Hardees made it and put a bun around it, Freelance_Hack would eat it.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

And then Chef pulled out several inches of lower intestine to open more room for the food. The end.

10. Chef

Chef Active Member

Now, that's just trying a little too hard.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

I was good at the beginning but I went too far.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yes.

By 8 steps.

Draft saved Draft deleted